The Game Boy is arguably the most entertaining, and revolutionary piece of hand held gaming tech ever created, I spent approx. 98% of my childhood (the other 2% on SNES) playing this console and wonders such as Harvest Moon, Pokemon, Super Mario, and Zelda Link’s Awakening (later to be upgraded to colour with Zelda Link’s Awakening DX) so the prospect of the Game Boy being resurrected from retirement for me is overwhelmingly exciting. In what I can only hope is an attempt to egg Nintendo on to doing a special rebirth of the console, German designer, Florian Renner, who has spawned this cool ass concept art of how the console may look if it was to return to the market 25 years after it’s release.

gameboy2015-2

Obviously this concept art is nothing more than that. But the artist did put in a great deal of thought to this sexy looking slab, with Large HD Display, 3DS styled cartridge system, a lovely analogue D-Pad and the diamond shaped layout of the buttons with 2 shoulder buttons, this design carries most of the original features of the iconic console.

gameboy2015-1

Would this be something you would invest in? I know I would be one of the first in line!!!

-Dan

Information and images sourced from Nintendo Life